Young Women in Leadership
Young Women in Leadership (YWIL) is a year-long program designed to enhance the leadership skills, college preparedness, and career development of young women in Indianapolis. YWIL prepares high school girls for the workforce, post-secondary education, and leadership in their communities.
We utilize dedicated staff, a vast network of partners and volunteers, and research-based curriculum to provide hands-on opportunities that assist in the professional development of the program participants.
Register for the 2023 - 2024 YWIL Program
You can’t put a price tag on what my daughter, Madison, and other young women have acquired during their time in the Young Women in Leadership program. We are sincerely grateful beyond measure for this program, and for Madison’s opportunity to be a part of it.
Meetings will occur 2 or 3 times a month. Program schedules will be provided to applicants.
Girls Inc. of Greater Indianapolis, 3935 North Meridian Street Indianapolis, IN 46208
- $130 participation fee due once admitted into the program
- Fees include t-shirt, snacks, meals at meetings, field trips, and program supplies
REQUIREMENTS TO JOIN YWIL:
- Previous Girls Inc. experience preferred
- Must be in grades 9 – 12
- Must have demonstrated prior leadership skills
- Pay $130 participation fee if selected to participate in the program year
- Must attend 90% of meetings