Young Women in Leadership
Young Women in Leadership (YWIL) is a year-long program designed to enhance the leadership skills, college preparedness, and career development of young women in Indianapolis. YWIL prepares high school girls for the workforce, post-secondary education, and leadership in their communities. YWIL is a great opportunity for female leaders!
We utilize dedicated staff, a vast network of partners and volunteers, and research-based curriculum to provide hands-on opportunities that assist in the professional development of the program participants.
Register for the 2020 – 2021 YWIL program at the button below!
Already accepted into YWIL for the 2020-2021 school year? Fill out the participation agreement below!
“You can’t put a price tag on what my daughter, Madison, and other young women have acquired during their time in the Young Women in Leadership program. We are sincerely grateful beyond measure for this program, and for Madison’s opportunity to be a part of it.”
YWIL participant parent
Meetings will occur 2 or 3 times a month.
Girls Inc. of Greater Indianapolis, 3935 North Meridian Street Indianapolis, IN 46208
- $130 participation fee due once admitted into the program
- Fees include t-shirt, snacks, meals at meetings, field trips, and program supplies
REQUIREMENTS TO JOIN YWIL:
- Previous Girls Inc. experience preferred
- Must be in grades 9 – 12
- Must have demonstrated prior leadership skills
- Pay $130 participation fee if selected to participate in the program year
- Must attend 90% of meetings
In YWIL, girls will learn or further develop the following skills:
- Create a personal development plan, outlining short and long-term goals
- Explore higher education options
- Explore career fields
- Explore financial opportunities to sustain higher education
- Improve their ability to listen and express themselves
- Learn the importance of monitoring self-care, time management, and managing the important steps toward self-reliance and success
- Learn to work effectively with others, and emerge as leaders in a group
- Serve their community
- Be an advocate for themselves, as well as those in their community