Summer Camp 2023
The Girls Inc. of Greater Indianapolis Summer Camp provides a holistic Girls Inc. Indy experience. Our Summer Camp is designed for participants ages 6-14 to participate in four weeks of girl-focused, community-connected, fun activities and curriculum.
Our curricula and activities inspire all campers to be Strong, Smart, and Bold. Camp operates from 7:30 AM – 5:30 PM, Monday through Friday from June 12 – July 7 (no camp on June 19 or July 4).
We utilize the Indianapolis community to bring unique experiences and operate with highly trained staff to support all participants. A typical day of camp includes Girls Inc.-focused curricula, activities from community collaborators, structured free time, weekly field trips, and food/snack breaks. We prioritize creating safe spaces for participants to build positive relationships with peers, explore their interests, and learn!
Summer Camp cost includes daily activities, field trips, breakfast/lunch/snack, a camp t-shirt, and lots of fun!
Registration Fee: $25 per participant
Weekly Fee: $130 per participant
Scholarship Opportunities: A need-based partial scholarship is available for those who qualify. The updated scholarship application deadline is Friday, May 12. Please utilize the scholarship application form attached. Notification of scholarship awards and amounts will be sent by Friday, May 19.
Thank you for your interest in Girls Inc. Indy Summer Camp 2023. We are currently at capacity for our camper enrollment. If you would like to be put on our waitlist, please fill out the following survey:
Complete the Summer Camp Wait List Survey >>
If a spot becomes available at camp, we will contact you. Please direct any questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Girls Inc. Indy Summer Camp offers:
- Enthusiastic and highly-trained staff
- Age-appropriate programs and activities
- Friendly, safe, girls-only environment
- Community-provided field trips and experiences
- Daily breakfast, lunch, and snack
- Summer camp t-shirt
- Scholarship assistance for families who qualify
The Summer Camp Experience
Explore healthy lifestyles! Our STRONG week focuses on building healthy habits.
Discover the fun in academics! Our SMART week focuses on building educational enrichment.
Find your voice! Our BOLD week focuses on building independence.
Express yourself! Our INSPIRED week focuses on building healthy expression.
Where will camp be held?
International School of Indiana located at 4330 N Michigan Rd. Indianapolis, IN 46208
Do you offer any scholarship assistance for camp?
Yes, we do offer need based partial scholarship assistance to those that qualify.
- The scholarship application deadline is Friday, April 14.
- Scholarships will be announced by email on or around May 8.
Process to apply:
- You must first register and pay the non-refundable registration fee of $25 per participant. This is not covered by scholarship and must be paid in order to reserve a spot in camp.
- Submit income verification in one or more of the following forms for all working adults in the household for 2022: 2022 tax returns, W2 income statements (First 2 pages), Work One wage printout, unemployment documentation, Family and Social Services Administration reward letter, Social Security Administration benefit letter.
- Provide a written statement explaining why your family needs financial aid, and how it might impact your finances if you do not qualify for assistance.
- Applications received after the deadline will be considered if scholarships are still available.
- Incomplete applications will be denied.
What will my child do every day?
Our summer day camps are designed to inspire participants, ages 6-14, by challenging them mentally, enhancing their physical ability, promoting creativity, and encouraging them to take risks. Summer camp includes hands-on activities in a friendly environment.
- Since our activities change every week you will be provided with a weekly schedule.
- On field trip days send your child in their Girls Inc. camp T-shirt.
Is food included in the camp fee? Can my child bring their own lunch?
- Participants will be offered box lunch on site every day. If your participant has a specific dietary need, please communicate that with the summer camp team prior to the start of camp. You can reach the team at email@example.com.
- All participants will be offered breakfast (served between 7:30-8:30am) and an afternoon snack (served around 3:30pm) every day.
- Participants will have regular access to water fountains, but are encouraged to bring a water bottle to keep with them throughout the day. Be sure to put a name on the water bottle!
How do you handle discipline issues at camp?
All participants and their parents/guardians must sign a Behavior Agreement prior to attending camp. This agreement is established to ensure the safety of all participants, staff, and volunteers.
What are the dates for the camp?
Monday–Friday, 7:30 am – 5:30 pm
- Strong Week: June 12 – 16
- Smart Week: June 20 – 23 (closed June 19)
- Bold Week: June 26 – June 30
- Inspired Week: July 3 – July 7 (closed July 4)
How much does camp cost? What is included in the fee?
- The cost per week is $130 per participant. This all-inclusive fee includes daily lunch and snacks, a summer camp T-shirt, and program materials.
- There is a non-refundable one-time processing fee of $25 per participant due at time of registration.
- Payment options are available online only
- Pay in full at the time of registration.
- Pay online on or before due dates. Please see the chart below.
- A $25 fee will be assessed to your account for all returned checks.
- Payments must be made on time according to the following schedule. Failure to pay the weekly fees by the due date will cause your child to lose their spot in camp.
|Weekly Camp Theme||Payment Due Date||Dates of Camp|
|Strong||Friday, June 9||June 12 – 16|
|Smart||Friday, June 16||June 20 – 23|
|Bold||Friday, June 23||June 26 – June 30|
|Inspired||Friday, June 30||July 3 – 7|
What should my child wear to camp?
We are very active and sometimes messy when we are doing activities. We want participants to be prepared to participate in all of the fun projects, so play clothes will work best for our active camp. Pants, capris, close-toed shoes, and shorts are preferred.
Who are the counselors and what training have they received?
Our camp is led by enthusiastic staff members who deliver hands-on, age-appropriate activities to inspire participants in a fun, friendly environment.
- Each staff member is trained in CPR, first aid, girl development, conflict resolution, team building, and overall safety to ensure that your child has a great camp experience.
- All staff and volunteers working with the participants have undergone extensive interviews, criminal background screenings and reference checks.
Participants are constantly supervised by Girls Inc. staff in the building.
What if there is an emergency? Who should I contact?
The Summer Camp Coordinators will be on site at all times, and will be accessible via email and phone. All families will receive contact information for the Summer Camp Coordinators prior to the start of camp.
The Outreach Manager will also be an emergency contact for you.
Contact information will be provided to all parents/guardians of enrolled campers as we get closer to the start of camp.
Will parents/guardian be able to enter the building? What are the pick-up and drop-off procedures?
- To ensure the utmost safety of participants and staff, parents/guardians will only have access to a designated area at the entrance for specific pick-up and drop-off times. Any parents/guardians needing to enter the building for other reasons must speak with a Girls Inc. staff member prior to arrival.
- More pick-up and drop-off detailed information will be provided during Parent Orientation.
- Adding someone to the authorized pick-up list must be done in person and in writing. This is to ensure the safety of all the participants at camp. You may not call and request for others to pick-up your camper because we cannot verify your identity over the phone.
- Any person picking up a participant will need photo identification and must be on the authorized pick-up list. If they are not on the list, we will not release your child.
What about personal belongings?
Girls Inc. requests that personal items of participants be limited to a water bottle.
- Lunch boxes are approved for those opting out of our provided lunches.
- Participants are responsible for their own personal belongings.
- We are not responsible for lost or stolen items brought to camp, so please label everything and do not send any valuables.
My child takes daily medication. Is this okay to send to camp?
No over-the-counter medications will be given to any child, nor are they allowed at camp.
Any medication brought to camp by the camper’s parent/guardian must be in the original pharmacy bottle, with the camper’s name and instructions for administering the medicine printed on the label.
The Program Managers will be responsible for keeping all medicine in a locked cabinet and will administer the dosage as prescribed.
Is there any other information I need to know?
- If your child is ill, you will be responsible for picking up the child as soon as possible. There isn’t a nurse’s office, so we are not equipped with the resources to care for a sick child for long.
- We are not responsible for lost or stolen items. If it is valuable, please do not send it to camp.
- Our federal tax ID number for tax purposes is 35-1337205.
If your question is not mentioned here, feel free to send us a message or email firstname.lastname@example.org.