Eureka! scholars participate in a five-year science, technology, engineering, and math (STEM) focused program that begins with a four-week camp the summer before eighth grade. Eureka! builds girls’ confidence and skills through hands-on programs featuring STEM activities. Eureka! fosters personal development and college and career readiness, promotes lasting relationships with peers and mentors, and encourages positive risk-taking. Within a cohort of 30 peers, Eurekans will be inspired to pursue educational, professional, and personal growth.
During the school year, Eureka! scholars meet monthly for workshops and field trips to maintain their connection with the program and peers. School year sessions are held at the administrative office of Girls Inc. of Greater Indianapolis, located at 3935 N. Meridian St., Indianapolis, IN 46208.
Requirements to join Eureka!:
- Entering 8th or 9th grade for the 2021-2022 school year.
- Demonstrate an interest in STEM
- Must attend 90% of summer camp
- Must attend 80% of school year meetings
- Participate in all 5 years of the program
- Submit a reference letter from a non-family member