Eureka! scholars participate in a five-year science, technology, engineering, and math (STEM) focused program that begins with a four-week camp the summer before eighth grade. Eureka! builds girls’ confidence and skills through hands-on programs featuring STEM activities. Eureka! fosters personal development and college and career readiness, promotes lasting relationships with peers and mentors, and encourages positive risk-taking. Within a cohort of 30 peers, Eurekans will be inspired to pursue educational, professional, and personal growth.
The summer camp is located at the IUPUI School of Informatics and Computing (535 W. Michigan Street, Indianapolis, IN 46202). Summer camp runs Monday – Friday, June 22 through July 17, 2020 from 8:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
During the school year, Eureka! scholars meet monthly for workshops and field trips to maintain their connection with the program and peers. School year sessions are held at the administrative office of Girls Inc. of Greater Indianapolis, located at 3935 N. Meridian St., Indianapolis, IN 46208.
- 2020 Summer Camp will be held Monday-Friday, June 22 through July 17 from 8:00 a.m. – 5:30 p.m.
- School Year Sessions Schedule: Once monthly August through May. School year schedule will be announced February 2020.
- 2020 Summer Camp: IUPUI School of Informatics and Computing, 535 W. Michigan Street, Indianapolis, IN 46202
- School Year Sessions: Girls Inc. of Greater Indianapolis, 3935 North Meridian Street, Indianapolis, IN 46208
- $125 annual participation fee due once admitted into the program
- Scholarships and payment plans available
Requirements to join Eureka!:
- Entering 8th grade for the 2020 – 2021 school year
- Demonstrate an interest in STEM
- Must attend 90% of summer camp
- Must attend 90% of school year meetings
- Participate in all 5 years of the program
- Submit a copy of latest report card
- Submit a reference letter from a non-family member