It’s that time of year again! As 2018 comes to a close, we would like to reflect on the growth we have seen in Girls Inc. girls everywhere. As an affiliate of Girls Inc. national, it is important to recognize how our local affiliate is a part of bigger, more widely spread impact. Read below to learn about how Girls Inc. Indy and all of the other Girls Inc. affiliates are inspiring all girls to be strong, smart, and bold!
Girls Inc. is dedicated to lifting up girls’ voices because we believe all girls have the capacity to be effective leaders and advocates. We prepare girls with the space and opportunities they need to see themselves as leaders of positive change in their own lives and in their communities
- 82% of girls believe that Girls Inc. gives them the chance to be a leader.
- 85% of girls believe that Girls Inc. has helped them think about their futures.
- 92% believe that at Girls Inc., girls learn to make a difference in the world.
Girls Inc. girls believe in their own ability. They understand they have an important role to play as young leaders – using their voices to make a difference.
- 90% believe they can make a positive difference in their communities.
- 80% believe they have the responsibility to improve their communities.
Girls Inc. girls are taking action! Not only do they understand their role and ability, they recognize where and how they can have an impact.
- 92% know ways to get involved in their communities.
- 90% believe they can use what they know to solve “real life” problems.
- 83% volunteer one or more times a month at their Girls Inc. or in their communities.
Girls Inc. partners with schools to support girl development. Girls Inc. builds upon the expertise and opportunities offered at schools with the people, environment, and programming to ensure all girls grow up healthy, educated, and independent.
Girls Inc. expands access to STEM education and prepares girls for college and future careers through programming and scholarship opportunities.
- 90% of Girls Inc. girls plan on going to college.
- 75% of Girls Inc. youth are curious to learn more about science, computers, or tech.
Girls develop trusting mentoring relationships with trained Girls Inc. staff and volunteers.
- 86% of girls say, “There are adults at Girls Inc. that help me think about my future.”
As we look to 2019, we can’t wait to see the impact we will have on even more girls in our community!