This Valentine’s Day, we want to share some advice from the girls in our Work It Out programs. The girls in these programs work to become stronger in friendship skills as well as learn to deal with difficulties in their friendships. At the end of the program, they share what they feel is the most important thing they learned. These are just 10 of our favorites—we hope you enjoy them as much as we did!
1. Don’t change who you are to be friends with someone.
2. To be a good friend, you need to love yourself first.
3. Be confident in yourself and be nice to others.
4. Respect and treat people fairly, have empathy, and think before you speak.
5. Be kind to others because you don’t know what they are going through.
6. Build healthy relationships.
7. Bullying is ugly.
8. Protect yourself on social media.
9. Think before you do.
10. Just because someone acts a certain way, doesn’t mean that they are that way all of the time. Get to know them!
Learn more about our Work It Out programs and how you can be a part of teaching girls these important life lessons here.