One goal identified by the annual AmeriCorps Week is to share with others the impact AmeriCorps members make in communities across the country. The growth and expansion of Girls Inc. of Greater Indianapolis over the past four years is a testament to the incredible effort of our AmeriCorps service members. We cannot say thank you enough, but we’ll try once more with our top 5 reasons our AmeriCorps members are priceless:
- Can-Do Attitude – Though our AmeriCorps members only spend a year with us (our Public Ally only 10 months!), the enthusiasm and effort they pour into their projects never ceases to amaze me. These members tackle complex projects and issues with a problem-solving perspective and positive attitude.
- Willingness to Learn – In a world where technological tools constantly change or new research must be considered, our VISTAs and Public Ally handle it in stride and gain experience and exposure to the many facets of nonprofit organizations.
- Ingenuity – With a variety of backgrounds in education, service, and work experience, our AmeriCorps members provide a fresh perspective to projects in motion and projects still in their infancy. It is this creative approach that ensures our programs the best they possibly can be.
- Thriftiness – Considering the modest stipends our members receive, we’re proud to also share that they also use their creativity to manage life on small budgets. It is yet another tribute to their willingness to serve others before themselves.
- Result-Driven – The AmeriCorps members Girls Inc. has had the pleasure to work with have taken the VISTA mission of “capacity building” to the max. Each member’s legacy not only lives on for our organization and staff, but also for the benefit of greater Indianapolis girls.
Thank you to Emily, Cassandra, Karen, and Christen for your commitment to service and inspiring girls! You have been a priceless asset to Girls Inc.
Learn more about how other service members and organizations are celebrating AmeriCorps Week.