I am so excited that the winter program cycle is approaching! We have exciting additions to our winter programs, including new locations and more of our popular programs to choose from. Whether it’s an early New Year’s resolution or holiday gift to greater Indianapolis girls, I hope that all of the Girls Inc. volunteers sign up this winter to inspire girls to be strong, smart and boldSM.
Our winter programs start on Tuesday, January 18, 2011. That may seem far off, but with the rush of the holidays, they will be starting before you know it. We need over 60 volunteers to lead winter programs, so if you are a volunteer sign up TODAY! All programs are currently on the volunteer portal. (See the instructions below on how to log in.) When looking through the list of programs, volunteers will see some new partner locations that were not available in fall; Skiles Test Elementary, IPS 56, Imagine Indiana Life Science Academy East, and Kipp Indy are just a few of those locations. You may also see additional Redefining Beauty programs and Economic Literacy programs.
If you are interested in becoming a Girls Inc. volunteer, take a look at our volunteer page to learn about leading a program for girls. You can read more about the volunteer opportunities we offer and apply to be a volunteer. Need another reason to volunteer this winter? I’ll give you ten!
I look forward to seeing all the volunteer requests come through over the weekend!
Logging in to the Volunteer Portal:
- Your username is your e-mail address in which Girls Inc. uses to communicate with you.
- If this is the first time you are logging in, your password will be the one given to you by Girls Inc. The password was provided to you in an e-mail from Mollie Hicks with the subject “Welcome to the Girls Inc. Portal.”
- If you are copying and pasting your password make sure there are only 9 dots in the field marked “password.” Sometimes a space gets added in and it prevents you from logging in.
You will be prompted to change your password when you first log in. Change your password to something easy to remember.
- If you have logged into the portal before and cannot remember your password click the “Forgot your password?” link on the sign in page. You will be asked to enter your user name which is your e-mail address. You will then be e-mailed a new password.
- If you have any trouble logging in after following the above steps contact Mollie at email@example.com or 317.522.2608.