2017 Girls Inc. Summer Day Camp
The Girls Inc. of Greater Indianapolis Day Camp is an affordable four-week program that focuses on the words in our mission statement – strong, smart, bold, and inspire. Our summer camp is designed to inspire girls, ages 6-14, by challenging them mentally, enhancing their physical ability, promoting creativity, and encouraging them to take risks. Summer camp includes hands-on activities and a friendly all-girl environment. Girls will:
- Discover their inner scientist by participating in activities provided by Coder Do Jo: First Robotics, and Microsoft
- Explore their artistic talents with Indianapolis Art Center and Department of Public Words
- Define beauty on their own terms and uncover what isn’t real in advertising, reality TV, and magazines
- Learn about engineering from the experts of the National Association of Women in Construction
- Get fit with classes in ZUMBA, kids dance outreach, as well as nutritional classes
- Express themselves through culinary classes, spoken word, and creative art
- Be an entrepreneur and develop a business model
- Explore different parts of Indianapolis
Camp Registration is OPEN.
Contact 317.522.2618 or firstname.lastname@example.org
for more information
June 12 – July 7
(Closed July 4th)
Monday – Friday
7:30 a.m. – 5:30 p.m.Where:
1751 E. Riverside Drive
Indianapolis, IN 46202
$125 per week
Plus $25 registration fee
Read about all four exciting weeks of camp!
June 12 – June 16Build your athletic abilities.Learn basic tips and techniques to keep you safe.Participate in fun ways to exercise.Be inspired by nutrition and healthy living.
| Week 2
June 19 – June 23Learn how to code with Coder Do Jo.Explore careers in the technology field.Be creative and inspired by reading and being a community leader.
June 26 – June 30Discover your inner beauty and boost your self-esteem.Become an entrepreneur and develop your business model.Define beauty on your own terms and uncover what isn’t real in advertising, reality TV, and magazines.Get fit with hip hop dance.
July 3 – July 7 Exhibit your personal talents and showcase your inner beauty.Learn how to define beauty on your terms.Learn about the various forms of art.Learn about amazing local women.
(Camp closed July 4)
Girls Inc. summer camp offers:
- Trained, enthusiastic staff.
- Age-appropriate programs and activities.
- Weekly field trips.
- Breakfast, lunch, and snack provided daily.
- T-shirt included.
- Friendly, girls only environment.
- Limited scholarship assistance for families who qualify.
Summer camp registration begins Wednesday, March 1, 2017
Complete scholarship applications due Friday, April 14, 2017
Scholarship awards announced Friday, April 21, 2017
Camp Begins Monday, June 12, 2017
Camp Concludes Friday, July 7, 2017 (Closed July 4th)
QUESTIONS?: Review our summer camp frequently asked questions for details about our 2016 day camp.
Read about last year’s camp and view photos from the entire summer.
If you have any questions please email email@example.com.
Help a girl become strong, smart, and boldSM by sponsoring or contributing to a scholarship to send her to a Girls Inc. summer camp!