2016 Girls Inc. Summer Day Camp
The Girls Inc. of Greater Indianapolis Day Camp is an affordable four-week program that focuses on the words in our mission statement – strong, smart, bold, and inspire. Our summer camp is designed to inspire girls, ages 6-14, by challenging them mentally, enhancing their physical ability, promoting creativity, and encouraging them to take risks. Summer camp includes hands-on activities and a friendly all-girl environment. Girls will:
- Discover their inner scientist by participating in activities provided by Coder Do Jo
- Explore their artistic talents with Indianapolis Art Center
- Define beauty on their own terms and uncover what isn’t real in advertising, reality TV, and magazines
- Learn about engineering from the experts of the National Association of Women in Construction
- Get fit with classes in ZUMBA, hip hop dance, and nutritional tips from the American Dairy Association
- Envision their future through an investment challenge facilitated by Purdue University’s College of Agriculture
- Express themselves through culinary classes, spoken word, and creative art
- Be an entrepreneur and develop a business model
June 13 – July 8
(Closed July 4th)
Monday – Friday
7:30 a.m. – 5:30 p.m.Where:
1751 E. Riverside Drive
Indianapolis, IN 46202
$125 per week
Plus $25 registration fee
Read about all four exciting weeks of camp!
June 13 – June 17Build your athletic abilities.Learn basic tips and techniques to keep you safe.Participate in fun ways to exercise.Be inspired by nutrition and healthy living.
| Week 2
June 20 – June 24Discover your inner scientist.Learn how to code with Coder Do Jo.Explore careers in construction with hands-on learning activities.Be creative and inspired by reading and being a community leader.
June 27 – July 1Discover your inner beauty and boost your self-esteem.Bring out your inner chef.Define beauty on your own terms and uncover what isn’t real in advertising, reality TV, and magazines.Get fit with hip hop dance.
July 4 – July 8 Exhibit your personal talents and showcase your inner beauty.Learn how to define beauty on your terms.Learn about the various forms of art.Learn about amazing local women.
(Camp closed July 4)
Girls Inc. summer camp offers:
- Trained, enthusiastic staff.
- Age-appropriate programs and activities.
- Weekly field trips.
- Breakfast, lunch, and snack provided daily.
- T-shirt included.
- Friendly, girls only environment.
- Limited scholarship assistance for families who qualify.
Summer camp registration begins Tuesday, March 1, 2016
Complete scholarship applications due Friday, April 15, 2016
Scholarship awards announced Friday, April 22, 2016
Camp Begins Monday, June 13, 2016
Camp Concludes Friday, July 8, 2016 (Closed July 4th)
QUESTIONS?: Review our summer camp frequently asked questions for details about our 2016 day camp.
Read about last year’s camp and view photos from the entire summer.
If you have any questions please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Help a girl become strong, smart, and boldSM by sponsoring or contributing to a scholarship to send her to a Girls Inc. summer camp!