As the year draws to a close, Girls Inc. has a lot to celebrate. It was a year for new initiatives, honored accomplishments, and record-breaking service to girls. We are pleased to share with you a snapshot of 2011 at Girls Inc. of Greater Indianapolis.
- In January, we kicked off a new strategic plan with a vision of continued growth and expansion. In early 2011, we estimated program enrollments would reach 5,025. Now we anticipate we will reach more than 6,000 program registrations by the end of 2011. We provided more than 400 programs throughout the greater Indianapolis community serving more than 3,000 girls.
- In April, we collaborated with NCAA and the Women’s Final Four Host Committee on “Super Saturday for Super Girls” and Stop. Shoot. Give., a fundraising activity at Tourney Town and the Final Four Tournament.
- In June, we welcomed 82 girls to our Strong, Smart, and Bold summer camp. Our girls experienced a wide variety of exciting programs, which broadened their knowledge, helped them to become more confident, and expanded their ideas about what it means to be healthy, educated, and independent.
- In July, we recognized four incredible women at our 2011 “In Her Own Words” Touchstone Awards Luncheon and raised more than $90,000 to support programming.
- In September, we hosted an inaugural meeting for volunteers, partners, and funders. We plan to continue this next year and build upon our tradition of collaboration. Also in September, we were honored with our second Indiana Achievement Award for nonprofit effectiveness.
- In October, we welcomed our Girls Inc. colleagues from across our region and Canada to Indianapolis for a Girls Inc. Regional Conference.
- In November, we hosted our first ever Spirit & Place Festival event in collaboration with Girl Scouts of Central Indiana and the Women’s Fund of Central Indiana. “Body Image and Your Girl” was a huge success, but just the beginning of a continued effort to promote positive body image in our community.
To our partners, volunteers, supporters, and friends, thank you for being a part of this amazing year. We are excited to see what 2012 has in store for Girls Inc.!