Girls Inc. summer day camp looks different this year. Girls ages 6-14 will tour the city on new educational and exciting field trips, experience new hands-on activities, take part in new collaborations with community groups, and still participate in fun, empowering Girls Inc. programs. The girls will also get to know the new and returning faces of our summer day camp staff. We have no doubt that our girls will enjoy this year’s camp as much as previous years. Please join us in welcoming our 2012 summer day camp staff:
- Nicole Meyer, Summer Day Camp Coordinator, is a chemistry teacher and has volunteered with Girls Inc. for a year. She brings nearly five years of teaching experience in addition to coordinating and managing programs for youth. As the coordinator, Nicole will manage the summer day camp staff and programs to ensure each girl has a fun and meaningful time.
- Asia Reynolds, Parent Engagement Specialist, is a full-time student and has volunteered with Girls Inc. for almost 18 months. She has worked in child development for several years and will serve as a liaison for summer camp parents.
|Asia Reynolds, left, and Nicole Meyer, right, will lead summer day camp this year!
Senior Program Specialists
- Cristina Sullivan Davis joined Girls Inc. in August 2011. As a part-time specialist, Cristina delivers multiple programs to girls throughout greater Indianapolis each program cycle.
- Alissa DiMarchi worked as a seasonal employee for two program cycles before starting as a part-time specialist in March of this year.
- Morgan Humphrey began as a volunteer with Girls Inc. three years ago. Last summer she worked as a Summer Outreach AmeriCorps VISTA and joined Girls Inc. as a seasonal employee last fall.
Girl Engagement Specialists
- Kellie Whitney, Molly White and Arielle Arzu are full-time college students and this summer they will join our summer day camp staff as interns. They hope to gain experience in project management, collaboration and teamwork, presentation delivery, and problem solving.
Junior Program Specialists
- Jade Williams attended Girls Inc. summer day camp for two years and worked as a Junior Counselor in 2010. She will be a high school senior this fall and is also a member of the Girls Inc. speakers bureau. She demonstrates strong leadership skills and has experience working with youth.
- Jordan Finch attended Girls Inc. summer day camp for five summers and she will be a high school junior this fall. She’s a natural role model, an honor roll student, and peer tutor.
Welcome to each member of our strong, smart, and bold summer camp staff!